Saturday, April 10, 2010

Lost training, bad meet and a new start

The training prior to the meet last Sat was crap and not worth posting.

The meet on 4/3 was an eye opener. Actually the meet itself was great but my personal performence (outside of coaching and spotting) was dog womp. Went raw. Opened with 150kg 330# and got it. Quick but a bit loose. Was going to jump to 160kg 352.8# but thought better of it and went to 157.5kg 348#. It went well and just stalled 2" from the top. Wasn't going to move. Didn't dip but they had to take it. Last attempt @ the same weight, same thing but a bit faster and a bit closer to lock out. My meet pR is 162.5kg that I did back in Sept '08.

Some of the Ripped guys did well. Brian got PR's in all of his lifts. CJ hit a mind boggling 600 on his bench. Tommy got a 551. A lot of records were broken and PR's hit. The guys putting on the meet did a great job.

Took the week off and started back today. My training will look a lot more like '08 again.

Flat Bench 3 x 3
? x bar
? x 135
? x 185
5 x 225
3 x 275
3 x 3 x 295

Rack Lockouts
5 x 315
3 x 345
2 x 2 x 365
This was waaaay too heavy. I have really neglected my upper end work.

Lil Dave Q Tri’s
4 sets

CS Rows
Weight plus mini
5 x 8

Rev pec dec
5 x 12

Sus Push up
4 x 10

Time will tell if this change up will help.

Maranatha

God Bless!

2 Comments:

Blogger Pete Bush said...

Sorry it went so poorly. At least you are putting yourself out there.

12/4/10 8:15 AM  
Blogger Stump said...

Ah well it was what it was. Got some stuff figured out I think. Time will tell thinking of doing a meet in August.

At the very least I will try to maintain strength and out live my competitors to set records in the upper Master's classes.

I think it will fly Orville...

15/4/10 8:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home