Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Snake River Meet, Idaho Falls, 4/5-6

Fun meet. Thanks to Linda and Mike.

Day one was the women and light weights as well as the pee wees. I've never seen this before but then again I don't get out much. The kids of the lifters get up and left mini weights. They were great.

I had a learning experience on Sunday. I had not touched in the KK DD to this point so there was a little concern. I've put on about 12# since I was measured for the shirt so that I am certain contributed. We wet the front of the shirt and that helped but it was not the complete ticket.

First attempt: 200 kg: Tucked and got the bar low but it drifted back and never touched.

Second attempt: 200 kg: Tucked harder and actually touched but I got my hands in front of my wrists and I dumped the bar. Got the sympathy "oooohhhss" out of the audience.

Third attempt: 205 kg: Lil Dave thought it might help to go up and touch easier. He was right but I got spooked and dinked with the shirt a little. I got the bar and hovered for an eternity about 2" plus or minus. They took the bar and that was it.

Stuff to work on: Drop about 10#. Bring in grip 2 fingers or so. Spend more time in the shirt.

I was planning on training this week but I became a grandfather again yesterday. Micah was born about 4 pm yesterday. 6# 7 oz. one of his first acts was to pee all over his sister Annystin. He seems pretty mellow. His Uncle Ward and I have plans for this Lad. Good times are in the future for sure... Close your doors and lock your windows...

Gotta fly

Maranatha,

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home