Sunday, March 09, 2008

Sat ME Bench in Sandy

Different kind of day. Moosie was out sick. Sam was selling furniture? Manny's hip was really out of whack. Jeff was there with his son Josh (who looks like he could be a real good puller before he is done). Lance came and hung out.

It seemed as if everything was in slow motion. It took forever to get anything done. That's not to say I didn't have a good session, it just took a long time.

Warmup
2 x ?? x bar
?? x 135
5 x 225
3 x 275
1 x 315 thie felt lighter than the 275. Odd.
Add KK DD
2 x 405 x 2 board
2 x 405 x 1 board nt
2 x 425 x 1 board nt
2 x 435 x 1 board barely touched
1 x 445 full ROM 2 " high ?? odd
1 x 445 " " 3/4" high really close.
Everything was very fast. Getting really good pop off of the bottom regardless of the weight.

5 x 445 x 4 board
5 x 455 x 4 board
5 x 485 x 4 board
Wanted to go further but the day was very strange and I didn't get the sense I could get another lift off so I called it. Better to be a little short than to over train. I jacked the shirt a bit for the 485 and the bar screamed off of the boards. This could be a fun relationship with the KK DD. Karin mentioned she may have a camo denim shirt coming out. I am interested to see what she will charge for that one.

Lil Daves Quadraphonic Tris of Death
4 stations: Rope, backhand overhead extensions, forehand overhead extensions , pushdowns.
15 reps ea station.
120, 120, 120, 130
130, 130, 130, 150
140, 140, 140, 150

(Not certain why this went to italics. I must have combo'd some keys the wrong/right way by accident.) (Hmmm this may not show up when I post.) No Biggee.

I was hoping to get some other stuff in but the way the day dragged by there was no way. I felt real strong but was about to fall asleep.

I need to get something to touch otherwise I am SOL in April. I am pretty sure I can touch the 425 if I spray down the front of the shirt and have it set as deep as I can into my armpits. Depending on how that attempt feels I will jack the shirt accordingly. Good stuff I finally feel like I am understanding how to bench. It only took me 6+ years but I might be on the front edge of having a clue. Good thing I have enjoyed the journey.

I am not one to make predictions but I will here. There are 2 more APF meets after April. One in August and one in October. If I don't get injured, I will break 500 this year in a sanctioned meet. Right now I think I could do it as I know A. the shirt will handle it. B. My body can handle it. C. my head might be able to handle it. Youe mental acceptance of what we do in this sport is huge. It's just not normal to be moving the weights that are being handled these days. Once a person wraps their head around what is possible, things become probable.

Roger Ryan seems to be the big gun right now in Master's benching. Roger pulled off a 711# bench last year @ 51 years old. I believe he was in the 308's. His 275 record is 636# I think. If he stays in the 308's, I might be able to break his 275# record in the next 4 years. Roger is a really good guy from what I can tell. He can keep the 308's I just want a shot at the 275's.

Weird weird world we are in. Had some very nice people over last night that are going to vote for Hillary if they get a chance. I was very behaved and did not offend with my responses.

Some things seems so simple and then others over think things. Way to be human eh?

Maranatha

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home