Monday, February 18, 2008

Catching Up

Last Monday I did some mini band stuff for recovery. That seems to work well in moving blood around and pushing mobility.

Didn't train during the rest of the week until Saturday. Big snow storm on Wednesday and I had a cyst removed from my back Thursday afternoon.

Sat ME Bench @ Weber State with lil Dave, Jason, Moosie, Hayden, Ward & Me. Ok Travis and Nick and Dennis and Nick's Dad and Ward's friend Casey were also there. Manny was a no show. He tweaked his back and hips pulling earlier in the week.

Warm up

Flat Bench
?? x bar
?? x 135
?? x 225
2 x 275
1 x 315
put on the newly back KK DD open back
1 x 365 x 3 board
1 x 405 x 3 board
1 x 405 x 2 board no touch
1 x 405 x 2 board
1 x 405 x 1 board no touch chest collapsed. It was a wild and woolly ride. Locked it out though.
1 x 405 x 1 board no touch but closer
1 x 405 x 1 board 1/4" from touching

Went up to the vibrating plates and Lil Dave worked us with different grips. Those plates kick your butt.

Good progress today. I still had gas in the tank on the shirt work. I was working hard on bringing the bar lower on my abdomen. The shirt was semi jacked so I had to go very low with 405. The last set my rt thumb and wrist felt a little fatigued. It sounds weird but having a false joint and fewr bones than normal I try to pay attention. I called it there because everything went so smoothly.

There was never any doubt on being able to finish the 405. I am looking forward to the progress in this shirt. I need to touch lighter weights and get my right thumb/wrist stronger. I think I will start using my 36" Inzer wraps more and cast wrap up the base of my thumb more. That should help stabalize things.

Somewhere during the session I popped the majority of the Dr's stitching on my back. Before you say anything, he gave me permission to train. I'm pretty certain he doesn't know how a competition bench press is performed but his ignorance shouldn't be my problem. Should it?
Ward thought it was funny as all get out because this was a time where I messed up and he was fine. He was very excited about ratting me out to his mom. She wasn't real pleased. I heard a couple of Stephen John's and some other not to complimentary terms. She did clean it out and threw a steari (?) strip on it to close the gap. So far so good.

Lot's of stuff setting up on the world stage. Pay attention. The EU treaty is starting to be ratified by more and more.

Work to do.

Maranatha

God bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home