Monday, March 03, 2008

Sat ME Bench and Sun Recovery

Sat @ Sandy 7th st. Moosie was in Denver, Sam went to a funeral and Manny was ill or something. Jeff showed up as did new guy Tony Halsey. Lil Dave wandered in with Lance and Nick L showed up to squat. Dave promptly took over and hurt us.

Warm up

Reverse band bench w/ old tired green bands.
Wt listed does not account for the bands
135 x ??
225 x ??
315 x 3
365 x 3
Put on KKDD open back
Nothing touched
3 x 405
3 x 455
3 x 495
3 x 545
3 x 585
m x 635 I didn't get a real attempt at this. In taking the bar out my right side got all goofy and my rt elbow kicked out from under my wrist and I lost the bar. Nothing got hurt but the repaired wrist and thumb felt fatigued so we pulled the plug there.
Raw
5 x 365 then drop set down to 135
Reverse grip
?? x 275 then drop set down 135

I'm not certain how much the bands helped at the bottom. 135 touched easily so there may have been up to 80# at the bottom. Maybe less but for argument sake I will use the 80#. If the bands were 80# then my bottom weight for the shirted sets were: 325#, 375#, 415#, 465#, 505# and 555#. There was almost no tension at lock out so the earlier #'s would apply almost as is for the lockout weight.

I have to not worry and trust the shirt and spotters. more. I can't be too quick to jack the shirt and allow more depth. I have trust and stay focused.

Dave said that the last 3 sets, everything over 500, I let my back get loose and the bar wasn't locked in like it really should be. I still was pretty strong and quick with 2 out of 3 sets but I should have been tighter and more disciplined.

It is really fun to start thinking differently about heavier weights. The whole aspect of moving big weights is different thatn lighter weights. Discipline is huge. Keep the form perfect everytime. Good stuff.

Close grip floor presses
5 x 135
4 x 18 x 135
18 x 115
I don't know how many reps I actually did on my own. Dave forced as all to get 18 reps per set. I know he forced me way beyond what I could do by myself.

Push downs ez bar
10 x 150
10 x 180
3 x 10 x 200.

Done. Holy crap I was done. I was sore that night. I was sore Sunday and sore today. My back is healing up nicely. I didn't really open it up but it did some seeping stuff that isn't a big deal.

Sunday
some recovery work with a mini band + some rope stretching.

More and more craziness out there.

Check out World Net Daily, Fulfilled Prophecy.com and Constance Cumbey's blog and links.
Oh yeah and Ted Montgomery's site is interesting. as well.

God loves us and warned us the crap will hit the fan at the end. By the looks of world events we are screaming toward the craziness at warp speed.

Maranatha

God Bless!

God is good. I am having a lot of fun in the gym these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home