Sunday, September 09, 2007

Sat ME Bench

Good crew @ the Redwood Gold's. Moosie, Parker, Lance, Spud,Michelle, Manny, Manny's friend Ed and his friend (who's name I never got. Sorry). Sean wasn't there which is too bad. Good guy and an asset to the group. I hope that this was was only work and or sleep related. Before I forget, Ray and Tom who show up @ the 7th st Gold's during the week have my blue mini bands that I loaned them and forgot to get back. They should have them next week. It was nice to see that they had bought some straps and were doing stump presses and suspended pushups.

Shoulder complex

Flat Bench
??? x bar
??? x 135
5 x 135 + dbl minis 170/215 full stroke add 35 on the bottom and 80# on the top
5 x 225 + dbl minis + 3 boards 305 @ top
2 x 275 + dbl minis + 3 boards 355 @ top
3 x 285 + dbl minis + 3 boards 365 @ top
2 x 295 + dbl minis + 3 boards 375 @ top
1 x 305 + dbl minis + 3 boards 385 @ top Moosie touched the bar
M x 305 + dbl minis + 3 boards 385 @ top. Bad miss

6" lockouts on mini bench. Not kidding. I'm short and if my head was on the bench part of my butt hung off. It was the only free bench available.
5 x 315
5 x 335
5 x 355
3 x 375 w/long hold

DB extensions and Tate presses SS
8 x 40/50
8 x 50/55
2 x 8 x 50/60

A bar push downs
8 x 160
8 x 200
2 x 8 x 250 Not all pulley equipment is the same...

Dips (Moosie made me)
2 x 8 x assisted
2 x 8 bwt.

Double protein scoop snickers shake @ the supplement outlet @ gym. I earned it.

I thought my tris were going to be hugely sore today but they are only sore a little bit. My bi's a very sore along with my back from Thurs. My pecs are REALLY sore from yesterday. I think this is showing me why I can pop real well off of my chest. Somehow my levers don't engage my tris as well as my chest. This would make sense as to why I am better raw than in a shirt. I need to work like Dave Tate and create enough speed/force/momentum off of the bottom to help assist my subpar lockout to the finish. I really need to keep on with Kyle (Moosie) and all the tri work he does.

I feel good about the band work but I don't think I was up on my traps on my set up and after my leg drive like I should have been. It does feel good to be getting back into some semi heavy weight (for me) again. I feel pretty healthy. Shoulders feel really good.

Spud is coming back with a vengence. This skinny 198er who just a few months back lost a ton of weight with bacterial menengitis, has gianed back the 50#'s he lost and has past me on the bench. Granted he is 23 but it I don't care...LOL He is doing great and it is fun to be there as he is coming into his own. I wish my knees were better then I could show this punk how to squat... LOL.

Ward got home Friday night. It is sooo great having him home I can't begin to describe it. He has been through tons and has been changed by it all but he has maintained his inner self. This is great because his inner self is a pretty decent person.

The sad news of the weekend was that we had to put our dog of 13 years, Goldie, to sleep yesterday. She had been growing somewhat agitated and nervous but it was workable. We could tell that her hips were bothing her some but yesterday they went out. She could only take a few steps without her going down. There was no way she could do the stairs. She had lost a ton of weight. I carried her down into the yard where she tried to walk but only stumbeled and couldn't walk a straight line. She looked so confused. We talked it over and agreed that by what we as a family were seeing, that it was time to take her down to the humane society.

The people down there were great. On the lighter side an employee was trying to take too many dogs for a walk and somehow lost control and there was a mass doggy jail break. 5 medium sized dogs were full speed toward the dogs in the outside pens and they were followed by a chihuaua trying his best to keep up. Great visual. Though it seems awfully quiet today, it was the right decision.

More world and endtimes stuff next week.

Maranatha

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home