Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sat: what goes around comes around

Or the prodigal son returns...

Moosie made it back after 10+ months of being off. He brought Parker who is going to be huge. Parker is 13 about 5'10" with a size 12 shoe. Diehard BB player. Great kid.

Life got very full this week and I wasn't able to get into the gym till Sat.

Good turnout. Jeff A, Sean, Lance, Manny, Moosie & son and me. Lance's shoulder bothered him again and he went around doing rehab stuff and chatted up old friends. Manny is looking bigger. He says he's back up to between 275 and 280 now. Sean is getting stronger and is improving in his 2 week mini cycle programs he does for ME bench. Good group of guys. Jeff is trying to figure out how to bench 32 days a week without over training. I suggested having him look @ Dave Tate's "Periodization Bible part II". Great description of the conjugate method and DE days. I hope it helps Jeff. Jeff is on the verge of taking off again strength wise I think.

Situps
Shoulder complex

Flat bench
??? x bar
10 x 135
Stump Press
5 x bar + 100# hanging = 145#
5 x bar + 140# hanging = 185#
4 x bar + 190# hanging = 235#
5 x bar + 190# hanging = 235# Jeff touched the bar on rep 5
5 x bar + 190# hanging = 235# got it all on my lonesome. These are crazy hard. The bar seems to have a mind of its own. It moves all over the map. This last set I concentrated hard on my tuck and bringing the bar down through my lats. BIG difference. I may do a 3 week cycle of these for DE day and speed bench.

5 boards straight weight
10 x 135 I know I know. I was just screwing around
5 x 225
5 x 315
3 x 365
1 x 385

JM's
8 x 115
8 x 135
2 x 8 x 145

Lil Dave's tiple tricep trauma with overhead cable
15 x reverse grip, 15 x forward grip & 15 x neutral rope grip = 1 set
1 set x 50
3 sets x 90

Bent over low row.
3 x 15 x ???
Read about this on Elite. Get the rope attachment on the low row and sit way back on the bench and with feet in front of you on the floor bend way forward. Pull back through your lats with elbows leading. Interesting movement. I'm a little sore in my back today.

I'm also sore in my pecs and a little in my anterior delts and my tri's. I really like those 2 tri exercises together.

BWT 252 Sat AM 252 Sun AM

Lisa has Gall Bladder surgery tomorrow. We need to have her @ the hospital @ 0600. Good times. She is actually looking forward to having this behind her and to start feeling better on a regular basis.

Ward has been moved from his unit and is on his way to Landstuhl in Germany for observation. His concussion injury, TBI, is not progressing in healing as much as the doc's would like. So, when he hits Germany he is done with Iraq. We are still hoping he can get home by mid Sept as previously thought.

Nice to see more people are starting to worry outloud about all of these geographic unions and what that means to soveriegnty and and national identities:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=474658&in_page_id=1811

Spooky stuff. And most of us are pleased to be fat dumb and seemingly happy. Tings will change in spite of us and when the majority gets a clue it will be too late. I think it's too late to stop the wheels already. We have been cleverly rounded up and shoved into a pen. Not good.

http://www.newswithviews.com/Cuddy/dennisA.htm

Yet, the Bible predicted this time. http://fulfilledprophecy.com/index.html If you aren't a Bible believer or reader, there will be a time where there is a cashless society soon (notice all of the Visa check card ads?). There will be a mark, tattoo or chip, that one must have to buy or sell. This mark is more than that. It is also the swearing allegiance to the world power. The Bible tells us that those that accept the mark and buy into the world system are doomed for eternity. This wil not be nice nor pleasant. When you see this coming around the corner, deny the mark. Accept Jesus (John 3). It may sound screwy but its accurate.

Drop a line if you have questions.

Maranatha

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home