Sunday, August 17, 2008

Opener in AF

The meet is a week out so it was just openers for most of us.

Warm up

Flat bench Used the tall one that's about 17 3/4"; closer to what will be at the meet.
2 x?? x bar
5 x 135
3 x 225
1 x 275
1 x 315
1 x 355
This felt good and quick. I will open @ 160kg which is 352# and change. Right now my next attempt will be 170kg / 374# and then 175kg / 385#. These are subject to change at the meet. The taller bench really improves what little arch I have by helping me rotate my hips over. Changes the leg drive but over all helps my stroke. The Chris Mason style of wearing the belt really low is helping a ton by forcing my belly up and raising my point of contact. It also improves the compression within my core some how.

Going to be fun next week. Moosie, Parker, Jeff, Brian and myself are all lifting. First in a shirt for Parker and first over all for Brian. It will be a good time.

Good times with good guys.

Maranatha

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home