Sunday, July 20, 2008

ME Bench @ Weber State

Good Times. Always fun to see the boys up North. Jason and Lil Dave always have good input. Jeff was there benching with me. Manny & Ed & wife were also there. Those guys were squatting with coaching from Dave.

Warm up.
Flat bench
?? x bar
?? x 135
?? x 225
5 x 295
4 x 325 PR I've never hit 315 for 4 on reg bench before.
2 x 2 x 335 PR Only singles on 335 before. I might have gotten 3's on this but not certain happy with what I did here.

Everything was strong and fast. I tried wearing my belt low and shoving my belly up raising my touch point. I tried touoching lower on my abs and both changes helped alot. I'm not changing my opener or 2nd attempt in August but I think my 3rd will be higher than I had planned. I will open @ 150 kg then 160 kg. Perhaps 162.5. Instead of 165 kg for a 3rd it may be 167.5 or 170. We shall see.

5 boards too high with belt cinched low.
5 x 365
4 boards
2 x 5 x 385

Jason's MM Slap Boards
2 boards
?? x bar
?? x 135
?? x 185
?? x 225
You take the bar real low to where your wrists get in front of your elbow and slam/slap the bar to the boards and then pop the bar up in a J motion. He got ths from Sebastion Burns. Interesting excercise. Jason was telling me that Jordan, his son, has really benefitted from this one. More strength and confidence taking the bar low in a shirt. Back of my forarms were tired and sore last night. Looking forward to getting better at these and adding weight.

Lil Dave's slow hand bench
Drop the bar in a 7 second count and raise it in another 7. This takes out momentum and causes each phase of muscles to engage instead of getting blown past by inertia.
? x 135
? x 95
I think I got 5 reps in on each. Dave is the puppet master. His idea of fun is making others hurt.

Nautilus seated rows.
Worked up to
3 x 10 x 150 ea side (300#)
Supersetted with mini band pull aparts.

Done.

Back is sore today. The benches were pretty tall and I had to really rotate my hips hard to get my feet down and flat. This caused my arch to increase explaining the soreness today. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Very pleased with the day on the whole. I road up with Jeff and had a good time. Moosie was MIA putting a fence up. Looking forward to the next few weeks and the meet to see if the new strength is real and see if the new belt techniques has continued positive carryover.

Need a job, but I've said that earlier.

Maranatha

God Bless!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Steve, I'd love to talk to you about a couple of things regarding an article you posted on EFS. No, I am not trying to sell you anything. Please email if you've the time.

Dale

21/7/08 12:02 PM  
Blogger Stump said...

Dale,

Drop me a note @ coatings75@comcast.net or call me @ 801 891-7540. I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have.

Have a great day!

Steve,
AKA Stump

21/7/08 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home