Saturday, August 02, 2008

ME Bench

Great group today. Moosie, Parker, Jeff, new guy Brian, Manny, Trevor, Ed, Connie & Daughter, new guy Lindsey and Mike a gym regular stopped by. Way fun when it's a big group. Lil Dave and Jason should be down next week for more fun and games.

Warm up
Flat bench by Jeff's load rules
?? x Bar
?? x 135
5 x 245
5 x 275
1 x 325
3 x 1 x 350 Ties single PR but all 3 were done with much more authority than the first time I did this

4 Boards
5 x 335
5 x 365
1 x 405 This is close to a PR I think... maybe?

Lil Dave' Quadraphonic triceps of death
3 sets

Low wide ng row
5 sets

Rev Pec Deck
4 sets

Cable EZ curls wg
4 sets

Beat, done. Very happy with the progress. Still playing with the Chris Mason style of wearing my belt real low while benching and shoving my belly up. It seems to shorten my stroke and change my internal pressure in a positive way. I feel real solid and steady. Confident.

Nice having Brian and Lindsey there today. It's fun seeing guys learn and apply new stuff. I'm afraid they might be sore and cussing us for a couple of days. Bummer LOL.

Dave Tate had an article express how I relate to the gym almost exactly dead on. Worth a read:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/utb_zen.htm

Maranatha

God Bless!

1 Comments:

Blogger BigTallOx said...

Thanks for your advice and encouragement today. It was an awesome workout. The Dave Tate article was definitely worth reading, thanks for posting the link.

2/8/08 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home