Sunday, August 24, 2008

AAPF Meet 8/23/08

Fun Push Pull meet. John Cunningham and crew did a nice job. Our crew did ok. Not tremendous but ok.

Parker (14) bombed. First meet in a shirt. He has the strength but didn't control the bar well. A little more back and shoulder work and the kinks will get ironed out.

The rest of us lifted raw.

Brian did great. I think he hit a 286# bench and a 407# pull with tons left in the tank. He seemed to have a great time. I think he can be a big time puller with his ratios and desire he could be in the big numbers real soon.

Jeff hit 380 just missing over 400 and Moosie tied his best with a 485 just missing a 501#.

I opened @ 160kg, 352# and got it. 11 # meet PR. Felt heavy. I rethought my second attempt of 170kg and went with 165kg and missed it. Too loose and came down too high. My back and hammies cramped up bad and I passed on the third and lifted off for Moosie and Jeff from there on out. Manny had lifted off before I cramped up.

The bench was legal but higher than we were used to using. It was 18" from floor to top of the pad. The highest bench we play on is a 17 1/2" @ the AF Gold's. The rest are around 15" - 16". Jeff Moosie and I all had cramps in the small of our backs from the extra turn in our hips from the taller surface.

The bench was really only a minor issue for me. I was dumb and played with a Trikke on Thurs and Fri and didn't pay attention to resting into the meet. I really felt no juice. My bad. I have the AAU meet on 9/13 so I am going to have a chance to improve my # quickly. My best in the gym is 365# and would love to pass that in a meet. The American record for the AAU 50-54 308's is 352#. Feel pretty good about getting that one. Need to be much smarter though.

They gave away swords as trophies. Nice touch. Fun meet.

Maranatha

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home