Wednesday, April 30, 2008

DE Bench + Assist

Tuesday @ Gold's on 7th in Sandy.

Warm up

Flat Bench
2 x ?? x bar
9 x 3 x 135 varied grips

Military Pin/Stump Press Pins @ chin height
Bar x 5
5 x bar + 90 swinging = 135
5 x bar + 120 " = 165
5 x bar + 140 " = 185
3 x bar + 170 " = 215# I believe this is a PR. The last set actually turned into 3 dead stop reps. Tough but felt good.

Prone Skull Crushers
8 x 75
8 x 95
2 x 8 x 105

DB Rows
8 x 100
2 x 8 x 135

DB Curls
8 x 40's
2 x 8 x 45's

I held back on the rows and curls. Bi's were still sore from Sat. Somewhere between lifting off Moosie and doing ez bar curls I got my bi's very sore. Moosie went up to about 675 for shirted board work. In his Katana he can't help off of the bottom at that angle. Back feels fine. Bi's got sore.

Felt really good about the 215 on the pin presses with 170# swinging. I'm feeling a lot better mental control the last couple of weeks. I picked the number and chose to get it. Very fun to find the extra gear. Hopefully I can transfer that over to my bench sessions.

Liking the very light DE work. I think I used to go too heavy before. Good times.

The election is getting to be more of a circus every day. Now Barrack has totally dumped Wright. Holy crap what a joke. Lord knows how it will all work out in the end.

Work to do.

Maranatha,

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home