Thursday, April 12, 2007

Wrestling Alligators Sort Of

Didn't get to the gym. Instead, I picked up our new stove/oven and spent the evening installing it in our split entry home. Actually the install went very quickly. Getting the old unit out took about 2.5 hours +/-. This was a combo microwave and stove/oven. Seems they built the cabinets around it and added a new floor at one point that was 3/8" higher than the floor the tightly fit stove was on. On top of that 10 years ago I had put in a urethane floor that had to be cut away from the stove.

With the help of a razor knife and a large pry bar I was able to inch the unit out to the point I could play beast on it and yank it out. I only did some small (sort of) damage to the cabinet frame. Kicking and screaming I got the bad boy down stairs and out to the curb. There were several trips out the back to the front and vice versa to get the big thing angled so it would actually go out of the door. Lots of sweating and some, sorry to say, references to excrement.

It's at the curb and if nobody snags it today I will take it to Wasatch Metals and dump it tomorrow before work. Good times.

One time going downstairs with the old unit it started to slip and I caught it with my bicep on the top corner. Started bruising right away and just the sleave of my polo shirt touching it hurts. Odd because I normally don't "feel" about pain. Not that I don't feel it but that I don't have much emotion about it. Probably the reason I went 22 years with a broken wrist. My arm kinda pisses me off today. Still undecided as to whether I will lift today or just do cardio. Probably just the cardio. I was going to do DL's some upper back and bi's tonight. The rt bi hurts when flexed and did I mention it is really bruised up. Discretion.... Valor.... yada yada.

Need to go tackle the stack...

Maranatha.

God Bless!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gords said...

I had a similar experience with home repairs except mine was supposed to be easy. I was just changing the Garbage Disposal. Needless to say a 30 minute job turned into three hours which involved several trips to Home Depot.

Makes me glad I'm not a plumber by profession.

12/4/07 1:52 PM  
Blogger Stump said...

Amen to not wanting to be a plumber. But, if we were we would have the cool trick tools that would make the job easier...

12/4/07 4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home