Saturday, February 10, 2007

Sat 2/10 @ WJ Gold's

Situps 3 x 15
hipswings
shoulder complex

Flat bench widest legal grip
??? x bar
5 x 135
5 x 225
5 x 275
2 x 315
3 x 1 x 335
1st 2 were fine except normally I am much faster off of my chest. These were just steady and up. U miss groved the 3rd single and Lance pulled it back and I locked it out. Stupid. I shouldn't get too shook as I'm going to be on the weight loss/cardio kick for a few months and some strength is bound to go. Still looking for the Sept Peach days meet in Brigham City.

Flat DB bench
3 x 6 x 105's

Push downs
1 x 8 x stack
3 x 8 x stack+

Low pulley rows
1 x 8 x 210
3 x 8 x 240

30 min treadmill 1.5 el 3.3 mph
30 min bike

Weight this am was 279. Haven't been in the 270's for a couple of years. When I pass through in this direction I hope I will never see them again. Knees feel much better @ lighter weights.

Lance brought a HS kid from his church and Jeff A brought his son today. Mike, Manny and I closed out the morning session. Michelle showed up as I got done with cardio. I stuck around and gave her a hand. She is stronger than her head lets her be. Amazing arch on that girl.

Son Ward bought some special seats for his truck online while he is in Iraq. UPS dropped them off in my driveway yesterday. Lisa and I took them over to his house today. Saw Dave's dog Jackson there. He's been staying with Ward's Roomie Vince until Dave has a new place that will let Jackson come back. Jackson is the biggest most solid black and white pit that is just a puddle of love and good will that he likes to express @ full speed with his 65+#. He actually could be bigger than that. He really is a good dog. Vince has taken very good care of him.

Anna Nicloe Smith died. Surprised that she went out like she did? Not me. I think the best description I've heard of her life is that it was a train wreck. She was famous for being famous. She had no discernable skills other than occupying the fantasy life of a few members of the male sex. Seriously, what did she do with her fame to help anybody but herself? Why does she desrve more press than our people in Iraq and Afghanistan? They are living and dying for something they believe in that is much bigger than themselves. Like it or not these people are risking it for us. Anna put it on the line for, hhhhmmm, a photo op? Another shameless spread in playboy? It is sad that she is considered by some to be a person to be looked up to. What a waste. If she died without submitting herself to Jesus and accepting him as her saviour, than she is probably uncomfortable right now. Pride is a form of idolitry. Putting anything, including one's self at the top of your list instead of God is Idolitry. God wants our direct love and submission to his love and sacrifice for us. He is a gentleman and will allow us to refuse him but that folly is for a short while and then we will be judged. It is only through real belief in Jesus that we can be saved. And it's free. Unbelievable. Open to all. If you haven't thought about your place in eternity and consider Jesus' option for eternal life. We are condemned already He just wants us to be safe and secure for eternity.

Had a sinus headache for 3 days now. It's been warm so it could be pre spring allergies. I hate it. The headache I mean. Warming up is a good thing.

Looking forward to losing enough weight to be down in fighting trim (???), whatever, Kelli @ work is willing to teach the old broken guy to snowboard. I skied in college and did ok on skateboards waaaay back before skate boarding became like it is today, ollies etc. It will be a crap shoot as to the out come. I imagine it will be good for somebody's home video collection and maybe an ER visit... Lisa actually would like to give it a shot as well. Next winter could be interesting.

Gotta go. A lot of life happening inside my front door. Oh yeah, got the Very Best of Deep Purple CD today. More old guy brain floss. Good stuff.

Maranatha

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home