Saturday, July 15, 2006

Sat 7/15/06 ME Bench

2 x Shoulder complex

Continuing with Moosie's program we started with
DB Flat Bench
1 x 8 x 80's
4 x 8 x 115's Wanted to use 120's but couldn't find them and didn't feel like jumping to 125's. I'll do that jump in 2 weeks.

Flat Stump Presses Mid Grip
1 x 5 x 175 + 100 hanging = 275# total
1 x 5 x 185 + 100 hanging = 285# total
2 x 3 x 195 + 100 hanging = 295# total Pretty happy with these. Was able to stay tight and pressed ok with th inside grip.

Push down with purple band.
(wrapped a purple band under the stack and secured the top of the stack with webbing and caribeener (?))
4 x ?? x ??? All I know is I kept up with Mikey. He threw his shirt on today and looked more comfortable in it than I have seen in a long time.

Good workout. I feel that the splits and extra volume I've been getting really helps in creating a good base. I've neglected that aspect in the past. A little smarter now I'm hoping. After all one doesn't load a bar rated for 1,000# with 1,500#. If one wants to bench 500# everything involved needs to be ready and rated for more than 500#. Seems simple enough. Don't know why it took me so long to figure it out. The more one gets into this sport, the more it seems almost zen like....

Hezbollah (?) is calling Israel out? Wow. There is a fine line between dedication and stupidity. I feel bad for the not so militant Lebanese who are going to get there lives turn upside down because of 'the cause'. These terrorists remind me of that old 70's poster 'The Last Act of Defiance' Dirty Harry said it "A man has to know his limitations". Not exactly scripture but somewhat inspired nonetheless.

Watch the Israel/Lebanon thing escalate and some of the other Muslim brethren and allies jump into the party.

Got a commission check yesterday and was pleasantly surprised that there was $600.00 more than I had anticipated. There were some sales from a product I helped put together that they hadn't told me about. God is good.

Looking forward to Monday and seeing what happens interview wise.

God indeed is good!

God Bless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home