Tuesday, July 11, 2006

7/11/06 Bench Acc. / Back

Ah good times. Didn't have my head into on Monday so I skipped legs and abs.

Today
Warm up
Bike x 10 min
Shoulder complex x 2
Situps 3 x 10 x bwt

Flat bench
2 x ??? x bar
1 x 5 x 135
4 x 10 x 225 time to move up

Suspended lockouts mid grip on all
Mid stroke
1 x 5 x 315
1 x 5 x 345
5" stroke (moved the set up higher)
1 x 5 x 365
1 x 3 x 395
3 x 1 x 395

Band assisted pull ups. Not sure I got anything done but it was fun playing with the set ups.
4 x ?? x various bands and setups

Suspended push ups
5 x 10 x bwt

Close grip low pulley rows
1 x 5 x 180
1 x 5 x 210
2 x 5 x 220

Not a bad work out. Need to really get my lock out strength up. I guess with a closer grip today it wasn't so bad. The bar I used wasn't a comp bar so I'll guess my grip was about pinky on rings for the lockouts. Maybe a little farther inside. Didn't measure to be sure. Feeling much stronger on the suspended push ups. I think they are a real asset.

Ding in the rt shoulder/rotator cuff feels somewhat better. Still a little tight and tender.

Iran is still courting the worlds powers as they try to get Iran to back off. Nobody really saying much about Iran's declaration that they want to eliminate Israel from the map. Weird. No mention of hate language there. Double standards as far as one can see.

China is not going along with sanction talk re N Korea. No real surprise there.

How come we supply muslim prisoners with Korans and prayer stuff and our chaplains can't pray in Jesus name? Things are way upside down. 4-6 years will see some dark changes then some real good ones.

Finally heard back from the regional guy. Should have an interview a week from tomorrow. Also submitted an app with a sports flooring company. Would like to investigate that one further. Job opening sounds like it might be a good fit.

God Bless!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Steve, just came across this site and am reading through it now. What does your shoulder warmup entail?

12/7/06 8:17 AM  
Blogger Stump said...

Hey Scott,
My shoulder warm up is a version of what I read that Dave Tate does.

I use either 10# plates or db's.

I start with either thumbs up or down doing rear, side and front raises for reps of 10-12 then do the opposite thumbs up or down (does that make sense?).

I then will do some quick presses with the plates and then with arms up and pointing to the sides, elbows bent so hands are forward I do short front raises like using a shoulder horn.

Then with elbows down to my sides and elbows bent with hands forward and thumbs up, I slowly rotate my thumbs in and down. Like dumping a soda can out.

Then with elbows still at my sides I move my hands apart, like a T rex getting ready to give a hug, and then back facing front.

Lastly I do big swings with the wt getting as much shoulder rotation as possible. I do one arm at a tim on these. I used to do both arms at the same time but I find I get a better stretch with 1 arm.

I usually start with one circuit then do push ups etc then do a second before I get on the bar.

Nothing magic about the program/sets/reps. I go until I feel loose enough to go push something. Play with it and see if it helps you.

Thanks for reading! Feel free to drop a question or comment any time.

Lift Big!
God Bless!

12/7/06 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home