Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Last Sat and Monday's Workouts

Sat met with the boys in Utah Valley at the American Fork Gold's. Moosie, Spuddy (Jordan) and Kahng (Jeffy) were also in attendance.

After warmups we did raw 3 boards for triples then moved to singles. I'm not certain of all sets etc but I know I doubled 345 and then missed a single on 360. I sacked up and moved my groove lower and blasted the 360. Jumped to 370 and went low again and it went up fast and smooth. 370 is a new PR since the hand surgey last year. All time raw 3 board is 385.

Spuddy then got the bright idea we should do(the newly named) widowmakers for our shoulder complex. The description is easy enough. Stand upright with a db in one hand. Drop down and swing the db back through your lrgs. Keep your back straight. Then stand up and snap your hips forward swinging the db into a snatch. Do a single press. That is one rep. Then swing back through the legs etc etc. We normally do sets of 5. this time we did 3 x 8 both hands. Holy crap. I'm the oldest and came closest to throwing up. Moosie is the strongest and used a 90 for all 3 sets. I started with a 65, then 70 then ended with a 75. Seriously, was leaning over a trashcan for 5 minutes. Great exercise.

We finished up with 4 sets of pushdowns. Nice workout. Good guys.

Mon was leg and ab day. Warm up: 5 min bike and 3 x 10 situps. Can't do too much leg stuff because my knee surgeon says I have doodie left for meniscus. I have been doing squat lockouts with about a 6" rom working up to 2 sets of 765 but thought I'd go lower to see how it felt. I dropped the pins to about midstroke and worked up to 1 set @ 585 for 5 reps. Went ok but my knees are sore still today (Wed.). Then did a quad squat with blue and green bands behind my knees. I hook the bands on a squat rack and put them behind my knees. I back up till theres good tension and then squat allowing my knees to go forward then pull my knees back using my quads. usually I do 3 x10 of these.

Abs: I like to do standing abs with bands hooked to the top of a rack or S mith Machine and stick my elbows in the loop. I grasp my hands and flare my elbows then bend forward at the waist. Did 4 x 10 of these. For lower abs I did leg lifts on an aerobic ball, grabbed a machine behind me and the gripped a 25# db sidways between my fit and did 4 x 8 of those. Surprisingly I haven't been sore.

Hoping to findout about an interview today. Need to call around 3.

Lots of interesting stuff going in the world. N Korea, Israel, Iraq, Iran and the EU. Check out a dude named Javier Solana. Powerful guy most Americans have no clue about. A real player. Find out about him on fulfilledprophecy.com another good cite is Calvary Chapel of Truckee CA . You have to search abit but the pastor has some interesting writings on prophetic applications today. You don't have to agree with any of it but it pays to be aware.

Chores to do.

God Bless!

1 Comments:

Blogger Gords said...

Great work Steve. Wish I could just throw up 370 like that.

Hey have you ever taken a dig camera in to your gym? It would be cool if you could capture some video of those "widowmakers" cause I tried following the detailed description, but am having trouble visualizing it.

Sounds like you guys really work it hard out there. Keep blogging, I'm reading.....

28/6/06 5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home