Sunday, May 09, 2010

Me Bench 5/8/10

Warm up
Flat Bench 3 x 3
? x bar
? x 135
? x 185
5 x 225
3 x 275
3 x 3 x 300

Mid rack lockouts
5 x 315
3 x 385
3 x 1 x 405

Lil Dave’s Tri’s
4 sets

WG SS Tris
2 sets
These were WG rope push downs SS'd with WG bar push downs. A suggestion from new Brian. I probably will keep up with the WG stuff. Don't know why I didn't think of this before but the wide grip push down more closely mimics the position of my arms when benching. Der.

NG CS Rows
8 x 2 plates
8 x 3 plates
2 x 8 x 3 plates + 25
8 x 4 plates

Rev pec dec
5 x 12

Sus Push Up feet up higher.
4 x 15

Good day. Big Brian came and New Brian was there as was long lost Tony and his buddy Tyson (newbie). Manny and James showed up as well as the reg's Nate and Zimm. Jeff was out of town and Moosie stayed south. I hope he gets over that.

Changes in training and supplementing seem to be helping. Taking more protein, multi V, C, fish oil, Glocosumine & chondritin and DHEA. Feeling like some of the old zip might be coming back which is a good thing. Down side is the extra zip allows extra work and I'm sore a lot of the time. Weight is about the same but I feel leaner and my clothes say the same. That' good I guess as I want to lift as a light 308 (277 or so)if I get into the APF/AAPF Raw World meet in Sept. I am currently an alternate.

Maranatha

God Bless!

3 Comments:

Blogger Pete Bush said...

How do you do a WG rope Pushdown?

10/5/10 6:55 AM  
Blogger Stump said...

Not comfortably. We used a regular rope and did an iso spread then the push down. Not sure I got everything out of it I should have. Did feel a pump in my back and abs...

Got an idea on using a pulley ez bar and the straps we use to hang weights. Basicly using the 'V' to lock the straps in wide.

I don't know why I never thought about it before but I've been thinking my pushdowns aren't doing me any good but they've always been narrow. I use a max width grip when benching and if that's why I train I should focus everything wide. Duh.

Some day I'll get it together. Someday. I hear the 70-74 308's is wiiiiide open....

10/5/10 8:21 PM  
Blogger Pete Bush said...

That's interesting. I am going to try at least the wider grip regular pushdowns next time I swap out exercises.

I know what you mean. I am looking forward to 60-64 242's. World Title baby!!!

11/5/10 6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home