Monday, May 28, 2007

Sat & Sunday

Sat ME Bench @ the Van Winkle Gold's
1st time for me @ this venue. Mike C was there with Jeff A and new guy Sean Draper.

Shoulder complex
Hip swings
Situps

Stump Presses hanging on 2 minis per side wide grip
2 x ?? x bar
?? x 135
5 x 135 + 50# hanging = 185#
5 x 135 + 100# hanging = 235#
2 x 5 x 145 + 100# hanging = 245#
These changed the dynamic of Stump Presses a lot. Not only did the plates swing, they bounced.

Med grip 4 board
4 x 3 x 315
These went well. Not at first but i think I found my stroke on the 4th set. I need to take the bar low on my last rib and press toward my feet. It is important for me to grip the bar on the heel of my palm and keep my knuckles up. The last set actually felt like I had some command of the bar. I haven't felt that in a while.

1 arm bridging DB presses
The setup is on the end of a bench with just shoulders, neck and head on the bench. 1 db at a time and pressed with one hand.
5 x 5 x 50# ea side
5 x 5 x 65# ea side
5 x 5 x 75# ea side
5 x 5 x 85# ea side
This movement is real interesting. You have to keep your body real tight in a more unilateral manner. Normal bench set up is more a back to front tightness but this setup makes you stay very tight side to side or else you can tip over. Also this works the glute on the pressing side real hard. I'm going to do these again. I saw thes on elitefts.com. If you haven't been to this site you are missing out. Great info and great products.

CS Rows
5 x 90#
3 x 5 x 135#

Widowmakers: one armed db swing to a snatch then press. Sean hadn't done these so I introduced him. I'm betting he's sore today.
5 x 40 ea side
5 x 55 ea side
5 x 65 ea side

40 minutes on bike on random

Later that day was Mike's farewell bbque. I had hoped for more people but it was a good time with the turnout we had. Mike is a good workout partner and a great guy. He will be missed.

250# post workout


Sunday
40 min eliptical 20 front 20 back.

I was just trying to get loose from Sat. Holy crap did those bridge and widowmakers jack with my anterior hip insertions. Jack in a good way. I don't know if I've ever been sore in those spots quite like this. Still real sore this am.

250# post workout

Monday AM 251#

Ward's mood seems to be real good these days. the pics he sends seem real up beat. September is not that far away.

It's obvious to me that God is working in the world and specificlly in our family. I can't quite put my finger on anything specific but it's sort of like a spiritual wind is blowing and it's hard to see what will be affected next. I just no that I need to be paying attention so that as God propmpts that I can be ready to move and serve. Times are going to get very weird and tough (worse than now) in the next few years. People ignore the fact that God our creator knows us and has given us the best plan for our long term peace and contentment. We keep thinking that we know more with our limited vision than the Creator of the universe. We are very short sighted creatures.

Gotta go. Dishes to wash.

Matrantha

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home