Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Monday DL Week 1 cycle 4

Modified the 5/3/1. Not going to do max reps on the 3rd work set. I will keep 5/3/1 for the lower body/core and military days. I think this structure with the low assumed maxes will allow for the core and supplemental areas to improve without over taxing the CNS. Bench day will be more on the lines of a ME day like I did when I was doing Dizenzo's raw template. Made gains with this before. Not certain why I felt I needed to change.

Light DL
Warm up
5 x 210
5 x 245
5 x 275

45ยบ hyper
5 x 15 x bwt

Weighted stab ball leg lifts
5 x 10 x 30#

PMRH
2 sets

Standing Abs
2 sets

Feeling pretty decent. Happy to be doing the ME Bench day again. Much more mentally stimulating. Not certain when I want to compete again. Maybe wait until if/when I break 405 raw. Really no point until then. 370# in the gym now. Probably need a 415# touch and go to break 400# in a meet. Seems like a lot. Fun journey. Have a couple of years to raise the record in this age group.

Maranatha

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home