Saturday, March 07, 2009

ME Bench

Not the greatest session. Gold's AF. Crowded. Happy to get out alive.

Warm up
Flat banch
?? x bar
?? x 135
5 x 225
5 x 275
3.75 x 315 Felt ok. Endurance is not good. 4th rep just stopped close to lockout. No leg drive.
Add 1 board
1 x 345 felt like a ton ugly set up
0 x 365 Whattha? Better set up zero pop

4 boards
1 x 385 fast should have done more
? x 405 fast off the bottom slowed and Hefé jumped in. He is worried the old guy might crush himself... Old PR is 425. Sad sad sad.

Push downs

Seated low pulley ng mid grip rows

Seated low pulley face pulls

Seated low pulley 21's

1 arm high pulley push downs

The benching wasn't pretty. I have lost about 14# and have been sick and not sleeping well but I thought I would feel stronger. Usually weight feels heavy but not oppressive and I can press ok. Everything was oppresive today. No pop. Legs, adductors and abs are sore from Thursday. Need to jack up the GPP. I know that getting down into the 242's will zap some strength but I don't want to do that if I can help it. Loved the way I felt getting a solid 325 on the incline a few weeks ago. Don't feel that good now. Feel like I'm getting healthier but don't feel like I can move heavy weights as well.

Fun seeing Moosie and Parker. Hefé was somewhat philisophical today. Fun to hear him wax eloquent. Still can't believe he voted for Obama. Hefé seems so smart...

Maranatha

God Bless!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home